The church was consecrated on January 1, 1891 by Cardinal Gibbons, in an all-day celebration, attended by many ecclesial and civic leaders. The rectory was built in 1894, giving the clergy a place to live. In addition to Rev. Starr, the parish now had an associate pastor, Rev. James Nolan, appointed in 1893.
The school had nearly 200 children enrolled. The budget for the parish was nearly $10,000. It was a time of great hope.Go Back